” (I)t is a monstrous thing, to slay a unicorn. Only one who has nothing to lose, and everything to gain, would commit such a crime. The blood of a unicorn will keep you alive, even if you are an inch from death, but at a terrible price. You have slain something pure and defenseless to save yourself, and you will have but a half-life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.”
Ok a little dramatic, but honey you fit the description of a hurt unicorn very well. It sucks that at some point someone hurt you. I don’t know who it was; it could have been a girl, your family, or both. You don’t trust people. Everyone is not worthy of your trust but some people are. Don’t ruin the possibility of healthy relationships because you don’t have the upper hand. Relationships require work and sometimes we aren’t ready or willing. If it is worth having it will require work. So I’m sorry they hurt you. They were wrong. In trying to be cool and nonchalant it looks like an attempt to mask what they did, and what you feel. You won’t prosper like that. Get to a place where you have deal breakers (those are important too) but also establish proper communication to work through issues with people. Being able to laugh and gloat about it later isn’t cool. Because really you care.
Things to remember
- Love doesn’t cut you down and hinder you. Love uplifts and encourages so it should never get in the way of your dreams or aspirations. Think about that when dealing with your relationships
- Loyalty gets you a lot further than crossing people over
- Love deals with a lot more than significant others, it also deals with family friends and strangers
- When you love yourself you can love others
- How you treat others will always be a reflection of who you are and how you feel about yourself